How To Write Your Own EBook(R) in 7 Days!

Don't leave good information on an old computer

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Typing Games for Children

In this age of video games, advanced video games, and even more advanced video games, the computer and keyboard have become something everyone needs to use. Just like many other learning activities, children often learn things faster than adults, and just try and keep up with a kid who really knows how to use his XBox controls! Their hand and eye coordination is excellent and they have no fear. Instead of letting them just play games, get them a game that teaches them to type. It's a skill that everyone needs and one that kids can learn quickly.
I learned to type in the sixth grade. I bought an 'electric typewriter" and started typing my homework. It was slow at first, but I just kept going and pretty soon I was typing everything.
An added benefit from typing everything was that I learned the material I was typing about much easier and more thoroughly. If I had to type a science report, typing that material really helped me learn what the content contained. By the time I was in eighth grade I was typing 80 words per minute and I can still go at that rate to this day. My kids can't even type fast than that!
Put those little fingers and brains to good use and teach your children to type. It's becoming a universal skill that benefits everyone. The earlier the better. I saw a pretty good website called www.freetypinggames.net. Go and see if there's something for those little fingers aroud your house.
Rouwster

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments, ideas and experiences.